Seeking quick and reliable answers to your clinical questions? Look no further than the Library’s Clinical Tools page! Here you will find a handy list of links to point-of-care resources, decision-support tools, core eBooks, guidelines, and patient education information.
Some of these include:
- DynaMed, which provides evidence-based clinical information concerning diseases, drugs, and other therapies that is highly useful when making decisions about patient care.
- VisualDx, a clinical point-of-care tool, educational resource, and decision support system that is renowned for its depth of diverse clinical images.
- The ability to craft a single search for your patient’s problem/intervention and easily review results from multiple clinical tools including: UpToDate, ACP Journal Club, Cochrane Library, ClinicalKey, Lexicomp, PubMed, & Medline Plus.
- TheNNT, a resource developed by a group of physicians who developed a framework and rating system to evaluate therapies based on their patient-important benefits and harms as well as a system to evaluate diagnostics by patient sign, symptom, lab test or study. Calculating the number needed to treat (NNT) is one way to help you determine the efficacy of certain treatments, particularly if you balance the NNT with an examination of overall treatment harms and costs.
- Many more point-of-care tools, including the familiar UpToDate and the drug resource Lexicomp.
For assistance with any of our resources or for more in-depth help with clinical questions, please contact the Duke Medical Center Librarians via email at email@example.com!