While you do not need accounts to access most of the Library’s resources or services, there are a few accounts which you will find very useful.
- My Library Account
- Login directly to My Library Account or via the Library Catalog (My Accounts)
- Use your NetID and password
- Or your 10-digit library card number on your Duke ID badge and its verification code
- View and renew books you have checked out
- Place holds on books that are currently checked out
- Request delivery of an item from one Duke library to another (faculty and graduate students only)
- Set preferences for displaying search results and other information
- Save online search results to an E-shelf for future use
For information about borrowing books and journals, please see our Borrow, Request and Renew page.
- Interlibrary Loan and Scanning Service
To request scans of journal articles from the Duke collections or to request journal articles or books that Duke does not own, use your Duke Health Enterprise Active Directory (DHE AD) username and password to access the online Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan system.
First time users must register.
If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact the DHTS Help Desk at (919) 684-2243.
- Request scans of journal articles in the Duke collections – a FREE service
- Request books and journal articles that Duke does not own
- Check the status of requests
- Cancel requests
- Edit account information
- Access the form needed to place a credit card on file for Interlibrary Loan requests
- My NCBI
My NCBI is also needed by NIH funded researchers for updating their bibliographies and tracking their compliance with the NIH Public Access policy.
If you forget your password, you may reset it by following the appropriate links to My NCBI in the upper right-hand corner of the PubMed homepage. The Library does not maintain a copy of usernames or passwords.
- Save PubMed searches
- Set up email alerts for new content (from a subject search or journal table of contents)
- Select filters, such as those for specific age groups or publication types, to group search results
- Save specific citations into your My NCBI Collections
- Create your bibliography for NIH funded grants
- Track your submissions to PubMed Central and compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy
Provides access to Books@Ovid, MEDLINE, and PreMEDLINE.
No password is required for simply searching or using these materials.
An Ovid password is required if you want to save searches, set up autoalerts, or create a project workspace with up to 50MB of information related to your work. You must connect from a Duke IP address.
You can use Duke's VPN client to connect from a non-Duke location with your browser.
To create a personal account at Ovid:
- Connect from a computer with a Duke IP address. Use Duke's VPN client if at home or other non-Duke location.
- Go to the Ovid Website
- Click on the "My Account" link in the top right corner of the page, and fill out the form.
If you have already created a new Ovid personal account, go to the Ovid Website, click on the "My Account" link in the top right corner of the page, and put in your Personal Account Name and Password.
- Remote Access
If you want to access journals, databases, and other resources which are restricted to the Duke network, you will need to use the Duke University or Duke Medicine Virtual Private Network (VPN) client or the EZProxy. More information is available about Access from Off Campus.