Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database are now collectively known as Natural Medicines. The Library subscribes to this database to give Duke affiliated healthcare providers an authoritative resource on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies.
Natural Medicines provides a wealth of information including:
- Clinically relevant, bottom-line-focused information and ratings via evidence-based natural ingredient monographs
- Over 90,000+ new commercial products, including product data and an evidence-based NMBER® rating system
- Interaction Checker of evidence-based interaction ratings between all drugs and 90,000+ commercial dietary supplements and natural ingredients
- Comparative Effectiveness Charts for different natural medicines for specific conditions
- Enhanced Interaction Checker and Nutrient Depletion Checker interface
- Pregnancy and Lactation Checker and Adverse Effects Checker
- Patient handouts and consumer education monographs available in English, Spanish, and French
- Additional databases including hundreds of topics on Health and Wellness and Sports Medicine
If you have questions about this database or need help finding the evidence, just Ask a Librarian!