Clinical Pharmacology, powered by ClinicalKey, is a comprehensive drug reference that supports healthcare professionals and health professions' students by providing current, accurate, and clinically relevant drug information.
The Clinical Pharmacology suite of resources includes:
- Drug monographs - detailed drug information for U.S. prescription drugs, herbal supplements, nutritional, vitamin and over-the-counter products
- Drug class overviews - to guide formulary drug reviews and therapeutic substitutions
- Additional lists, such as - drugs not recommended for splitting, Beers drug list, interactions with grapefruit, confused drug names, combo chemotherapy regiments, and more
- Patient drug and disease education - resources patients need to understand and engage in their care plans. Consumer medication information and reports are included, along with patient information on thousands of diagnoses/diseases with explanation, symptoms and treatment
- IV compatibility - comprehensive content includes Trissel's 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics database plus ongoing independent IV compatibility studies
- Toxicology resource (ToxED) - for assessing, diagnosing and managing poison and overdose emergencies at the point-of-care
- Clinical calculators and lab reference values - make use of hundreds of calculators and lab reference values
- Custom reports - robust reports allow users to compare drug products or screen for therapeutic issues
If you have questions, Ask a Librarian!