Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
New Resource - Clinical Pharmacology
Posted On: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 08:38 by Sarah Cantrell
Clinical Pharmacology, powered by ClinicalKey, is a comprehensive drug reference that supports healthcare professionals and health professions' students by providing current, accurate, and clinically relevant drug information.
The Clinical Pharmacology suite of resources includes:
- Drug monographs - detailed drug information for U.S. prescription drugs, herbal supplements, nutritional, vitamin and over-the-counter products
- Drug class overviews - to guide formulary drug reviews and therapeutic substitutions
- Additional lists, such as - drugs not recommended for...
Check out ClinicalKey's Enhancements
Posted On: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 16:38 by Brandi Tuttle
Have you noticed the newly designed front page for ClinicalKey? There have been some massive changes to the resource beyond just a facelift. Read on for more info and tips to get the most out of this great resource!
First, in case you are unfamiliar, Elsevier’s ClinicalKey is a medical search engine that gives you access to:
- Full-text reference books (over a 1000!) and journals including top titles such as Gray’s Anatomy, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine, Braunwald’s Heart Disease, The Lancet and Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Clinical Overviews that provide succinct, easy-to-navigate summaries for quick answers
- Drug monographs
- Clinical calculators
- Practice guidelines
- Customizable patient education handouts
- Drug indications, do not...
ClinicalKey for Nursing Cancelled
Posted On: Friday, June 23, 2017 - 03:22 by Beverly Murphy
As of June 1, ClinicalKey for Nursing (including Clinical Skills) has been cancelled. Two new products have been purchased (Lippincott Advisor and Lippincott Procedures) which expand on the functions of this database and offer additional resources for practicing nurses.MORE
Keeping up with Changes to ClinicalKey Content
Posted On: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:50 by Erica Brody
ClinicalKey is an online search tool for e-books, journals, Procedures Consult, First Consult, surgical Vitals and other clinical information. ClinicalKey provides access to more than 1,000 e-books in medicine and surgery and evidence-based content to help nurses find answers to clinical questions at the point of care.
Over time, the content of ClinicalKey changes. Books and journals are added and removed from the database. Here are two easy ways to keep up with changes to ClinicalKey content:
- Check the ClinicalKey Content Updates Website
ClinicalKey for Nursing Has Replaced Nursing Consult
Posted On: Monday, January 4, 2016 - 00:27 by Beverly Murphy
ClinicalKey for Nursing has replaced Mosby's Nursing Consult effective Jan. 1, 2016. Mosby’s content can now be accessed through ClinicalKey for Nursing.
ClinicalKey for Nursing offers evidence-based content adapted to a nurse’s workflow, schedule and needs, with features designed to support better decisions at the point of care. The Smart Search function recognizes relevant clinical concepts as you type, and offers shortcuts to critical answers by highlighting connections between medical concepts and pointing to related disease and drug content. If you need to further refine your search results, you can use ClinicalKey’s filters to sort by source type (e.g. clinical...MORE
Getting to Know ClinicalKey
Posted On: Friday, December 13, 2013 - 14:50 by Brandi Tuttle
ClinicalKey has replaced our old favorite MD Consult. In addition to providing a much larger number of e-books, it brings together Procedures Consult, First Consult, surgical Vitals and other useful clinical information - all from one search!
This is some of the notable content you’ll see when searching ClinicalKey!
- E-books: 1,000+ electronic books in medicine and surgery
- Procedures Consult: video, text and illustrations in 5 specialties along with 312 ACGME required procedures
- First Consult: medicine point-of-care resource with over 750 clinical monographs in 37...
ClinicalKey is Here!
Posted On: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 19:55 by Patricia Thibodeau
MD Consult has been a key resource for e-books and other information for many years. But over the years, Elsevier has been looking at other approaches to bring together expanded information that would be useful for clinicians as well as learners.
ClinicalKey, Elsevier's latest product, has replaced MD Consult! It brings together a very large number of e-books, along with journals, Procedures Consult, First Consult, surgical Vitals and other useful clinical information.
ClinicalKey is now live!...MORE