"Research impact is the demonstrable contribution that excellent research makes to society and the economy. It embraces all the diverse ways that research-related skills benefit individuals, organisations and nations." Research Councils UK (RCUK)
The Library has developed a new guide, "Enhance Your Research Impact," to help researchers quantify and improve their research impact!
It is important that researchers know their impact as it can help:
- Support applications for tenure or promotion
- Justify requests for grants and other funding
- Quantify and determine how their research is being used
- Identify other researchers or institutions that are using their work
- Identify other researchers and potential collaborators in their field
For more information or training on this topic, please call 919.660.1100 and ask to speak to a Librarian.