Students and Trainees
Our Course Reserves make it easy to access Library-licensed resources for courses and training programs at Duke. Reserves can be linked from within courses in Sakai, Canvas, BlueDocs, or from our Library Website.
Directions for Placing Items on Reserve
- Complete the form which requires information about both the course and the materials. You may enter items across multiple forms if your items can't fit on one form,
- Full citations are required for each item.
- Up to 40 items can be added for each class.
- Due to high numbers of requests at the start of a semester, instructors are encouraged to submit requests early. Requests can be submitted throughout the semester.
- Please allow 2 – 6 weeks for complete reserves processing. Time depends on the volume of requests.
- Electronic journal articles, electronic books, and electronic book chapters
- Print articles and book chapters can be added to reserves on a case-by-case basis.
- Print books can be held at the Library Service Desk for student access. (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Items not owned by the Library may be possible to add on a case-by-case basis and may require additional fees. Materials which are not owned by Duke will be subject to copyright restrictions governing fair use.
NOTICE: The information stored in the Electronic Reserves database is protected under the Copyright Laws of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governing the making of photocopies of copyrighted material. The person using this system is liable for any infringement. For more in-depth information see our Copyright Guide.
Please contact Anu Moorthy for assistance with the reserves service.