Accessible parking for the Medical Center Library & Archives is available in the Duke Hospital Parking Deck across from Duke Hospital North and the Clinic Parking Deck on Trent Drive, off of Erwin Road. Both of these parking garages have handicapped accessible routes through the buildings.
Duke Hospital Parking Deck (Erwin and Fulton)
1. Park at a designated Handicapped space (next to elevators A and B on all levels).
2. Take elevator A or B to Level T.
3. If using elevator A, exit to the left at Level T.
4. If using elevator B, exit to the right at Level T.
5. Follow the Tunnel to Duke Hospital.
6. At the end of the tunnel at Duke Hospital, take the elevator to Level 1.
7. At Level 1, exit the elevator to the left
8. Go down the hallway (the one farthest to the right), bypassing the turn to the Cafeteria. Follow the signs to the Searle Center.
9. At the end of the hallway, walk go through the doors on the right leading outside to the Seeley G. Mudd building. (Sign will say "Searle Center")
10. When you reach the Mudd building, turn left.
11. Take either entrance into the Library.
Duke Clinic Parking Deck (Trent Drive)
1. Park at a designated Handicapped space (next to elevators on all levels).
2. Take the elevator to Level 2.
3. Take the bridge from the parking garage to Duke Clinic (Level 2).
4. Take the gray elevator to Level 1, one floor down, and exit to the left.
5. Go through gray automatic doors (usually open) and pass the Wells Fargo Bank on the left.
6. Turn right just past the help desk. (Blue Zone elevators will be on left.)
7. Go to end of the corridor to the lobby with the stairwell and the second help desk.
8. Go to the right and past the help desk to the back of the lobby, toward the corridor.
9. Take the corridor to Duke Medicine Pavilion Level 2. (Cancer Center entrance will be on the right.)
10. At end of the corridor, turn right and use the elevator or stairs to go to Level 1.
11. When exiting the elevator, make a left turn and use the glass doors to the outside plaza.
11. Go diagonally to the right and across the plaza to the Seeley G. Mudd Building.
12. Take either entrance into the Library.
Rainy day route from the Duke Medicine Pavilion
1. Go under the glass canopy to the Trent Semans Center building and turn right to enter the building.
(You will see large monitors on the right and the Nosh Cafe on the left.)
2. Go straight back along the hallway.
3. Exit the Trent Semans Center building and turn right.
4. Entrances to the Seeley G. Mudd Building are on the left.