Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
More than Just PubMed
Posted On: Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:38 by Leila Ledbetter
For every job there is just the right tool. While most people are familiar with PubMed, we also provide access to many other databases -- from specialty to general -- that might better fill your information searching needs.Embase: Covers biomedical literature from journals from around the world. It offers particularly strong coverage of drugs. Embase includes records and journals that are not covered by PubMed, including conference abstracts and European journal titles.Scopus: Offers excellent coverage of biomedical literature as well as business, social sciences, education, and other... MORE
Categories: Resource Updates
Find Your H-Index Using Scopus!
Posted On: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 - 14:37 by Brandi Tuttle
The h-index is an author-level metric, originally proposed by Jorge E. Hirsch in 2005, to simultaneously measure productivity (number of papers published) and citation impact (number of times a paper is cited). If you’re interested, you can read Hirsch’s original proposal for the h-index here.
For a particular scholar, their h-index is the number of h published papers where each paper has been cited at least h times. For example, if Dr. Jane Doe has an h-index of 12, then she has published 12 papers that have each been cited at least 12 times. The h-index attempts to measure both the productivity and the apparent scientific impact of an author. The index is based on the set of the most...MORE
Categories: Explore Tools
Posted On: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 16:22 by Leila Ledbetter
Scopus, an abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, contains 47 million records, 70% with abstracts.
• Over 19,500 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide
• More than 4.9 million conference proceedings; 1,200 open access journals
• 100% PubMed (Medlne) coverage
- 20+ million records back to 1996 with references
- 20+ million pre-1996 records back to 1869
• Results from 386 million scientific Web pages
• GetIt@Duke links to full-text articles and other library resources
• Alerts to keep you up-to-date on new articles matching your search query or...