Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
VisualDx Trial Begins
Posted On: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 09:36 by Sarah Cantrell
The Medical Center Library & Archives is pleased to announce a yearlong trial of visualDx, a clinical point-of-care tool, educational resource, and decision support system designed to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety. The trial began in July 2022.
For those of you just meeting visualDx, this resource is:
- Renowned for its depth of diverse clinical images – 14,000+ images of variations in skin color
- A valuable diagnostic clinical tool that helps you build a differential diagnosis
- Useful for...
Check out ClinicalKey's Enhancements
Posted On: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 16:38 by Brandi Tuttle
Have you noticed the newly designed front page for ClinicalKey? There have been some massive changes to the resource beyond just a facelift. Read on for more info and tips to get the most out of this great resource!
First, in case you are unfamiliar, Elsevier’s ClinicalKey is a medical search engine that gives you access to:
- Full-text reference books (over a 1000!) and journals including top titles such as Gray’s Anatomy, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine, Braunwald’s Heart Disease, The Lancet and Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Clinical Overviews that provide succinct, easy-to-navigate summaries for quick answers
- Drug monographs
- Clinical calculators
- Practice guidelines
- Customizable patient education handouts
- Drug indications, do not...