Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
Tag: complementary therapy
Natural Medicines: Complementary & Alternative Therapies
Posted On: Friday, October 29, 2021 - 16:49 by Brandi Tuttle
The Natural Medicines database offers information to help you make evidence-based decisions regarding alternative therapies including:
- 1400+ monographs with safety, effectiveness, adverse effects, and patient education handouts
- 170,000+ commercial products including their ingredients, effectiveness, safety, etc
- Natural Medicines Brand Evidence-based Rating (NMBER) based on safety and efficacy, with a 1-10 overall rating for products, helping you determine "Is it safe?" and "Does it work?"
- Interaction checker to avoid drug/supplement interactions
- Pregnancy & Lactation Checker plus links to patient education handouts
- Nutrient Depletion...