Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
October 2021 Archive
Natural Medicines: Complementary & Alternative Therapies
Posted On: Friday, October 29, 2021 - 16:49 by Brandi Tuttle
The Natural Medicines database offers information to help you make evidence-based decisions regarding alternative therapies including:
- 1400+ monographs with safety, effectiveness, adverse effects, and patient education handouts
- 170,000+ commercial products including their ingredients, effectiveness, safety, etc
- Natural Medicines Brand Evidence-based Rating (NMBER) based on safety and efficacy, with a 1-10 overall rating for products, helping you determine "Is it safe?" and "Does it work?"
- Interaction checker to avoid drug/supplement interactions
- Pregnancy & Lactation Checker plus links to patient education handouts
- Nutrient Depletion…
Tags: alternative medicine, complementary therapy, supplements
New Scholarly Communications Hub
Posted On: Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 08:10 by Megan Von Isenburg
Are you trying to find the best journal for your next research manuscript? Do you know how to find a journal's impact factor? Have you received an email invitation to publish or speak at a conference? Are you wondering what options you have for paying an article processing charge to make your article open access?
The answers to these and other common questions from our faculty, students, and staff about publishing and scholarly communications are now available on our Website via our Scholarly Communications Hub.
Linked from the…
Categories: Explore Tools, Resource Updates