Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
June 2020 Archive
Website "Refresh" is Here!
Posted On: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 02:34 by Beverly Murphy
Our Website (most primarily the frontal portal) has undergone a facelift!
Though it has a similar look and feel to the previous version, you will notice some distinct enhancements:
- More resources added to the "Quicklinks" including DynaMed, CINAHL, and Mobile Apps
- Redesigned search widget for quick queries in PubMed, UpTodate, E-journals, the Catalog and our Website
- Addition of a new set of high value menu resources and services offering "Our Expertise" in evidence-based practice, instructional support, systematic reviews, citation management, medical archives, and more.
- New drop-down menus that...
NIH Preprints for Early Access to COVID-19 Research
Posted On: Friday, June 19, 2020 - 18:15 by Karen Barton
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) has launched a pilot project to test the viability of making preprints resulting from NIH-funded research available via PubMed Central (PMC). It is very important to note that these preprints will NOT be peer-reviewed. Therefore, when you search PubMed Central or PubMed (which also retrieves PubMed Central articles), you may see preprints in your search results that will display the banner shown to the right below.
The pilot project will run for a minimum of 12 months and will initially focus on increasing the discoverability of preprints relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once curation and ingest workflows become scalable, NLM hopes to expand the pilot to include the full spectrum of NIH...MORE
Categories: Resource Updates
Clinical Tools: A Quick Connection to the Evidence
Posted On: Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 14:41 by Sarah Cantrell
Seeking quick and reliable answers to your clinical questions? Look no further than the Library’s Clinical Tools page! Here you will find a handy list of links to point-of-care resources, decision-support tools, core eBooks, guidelines, and patient education information.
Some of these include:
- DynaMed, which provides evidence-based clinical information concerning diseases, drugs, and other therapies that is highly useful when making decisions about patient care.
- The ability to craft a single search for your patient’s problem/intervention...
Tags: DynaMed Plus