Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
October 2018 Archive
Thank a Medical Librarian!
Posted On: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 16:55 by Megan von Isenburg
She notes that medical librarians:
- curate diverse and valuable collections
- make materials available
- manage access rights
- support data discovery
- find things that are hard to find
- help authors publish
- preserve materials for the future
Our staff at the Duke Medical Center Library & Archives are here to help you in all of these areas and more! We...MORE
Tips for Educators from JGME
Posted On: Monday, October 22, 2018 - 14:23 by Megan von Isenburg
The Journal of Graduate Medical Education recently published an article entitled "Staying Up to Date and Managing Information Overload" with handy tips. We've offered a sample below, or read the whole article here.
- Work with a medical librarian. This was their number one tip, and we agree that this is an excellent place to start! We can help you set up alerts on the research and teaching topics of greatest interest to you! Reach out to us at 919.660.1100 or by filling out our online form.T
- Join an education email discussion list, like...
Categories: From the Literature
Beverly Murphy, Librarian and MLA President, Profiled in Article
Posted On: Monday, October 15, 2018 - 16:18 by Megan von Isenburg
Beverly Murphy, Assistant Director for Communications and Web Content Management and Liaison to DUHS Hospital Nursing and the Watts School of Nursing at the Duke Medical Center Library & Archives, was recently profiled in the Journal of the Medical Library Association. This article is a fantastic tribute to our "Bold, Brave, and Brilliant" co-worker, who is the Medical Library Association's first African-American President. Beverly is well-respected and admired by professional colleagues across the country as well as here at Duke. Congratulations Beverly!