Duke Medical Center Library & Archives
July 2017 Archive
Test Instruments Guide
Posted On: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 15:26 by Jesse Akman
One of the many challenges faced when beginning a project is finding and selecting appropriate test instruments. Our handy Test Instruments Guide can be used to navigate the process. It includes both online and print resources and provides search tips for finding specific instruments. Sample resources include:
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI): behavioral measurement instruments
(NOTE: Access to this resource is limited to 10 simultaneous users)
Categories: Resource Updates
Your Library Liaisons Are Here to Help!
Posted On: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 03:11 by Beverly Murphy
What are Library Liaisons?
To better serve Duke University and the Health System, librarians at the Medical Center Library & Archives have been assigned to work with specific departments or groups.
What can Library Liaisons do?
• Guest lecture in your class or journal club
• Integrate evidence-based practice and information literacy into your course or curriculum
• Collaborate on systematic reviews of the literature and grant preparation
• Consult on literature search strategies and resource selection
Who is my Library Liaison?Biomedical Research and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC)
WebMD Sold to KKR for $2.8 Billion
Posted On: Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 14:24 by Jesse Akman
On July 24, WebMD was purchased by Internet Brands, a subsidiary of KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.), for approximately $2.8 billion. WebMD is among the biggest sites in the world for health information, particularly among those outside the health professions. In June of this year alone, the site had 71.1 million unique visitors. Internet Brands is a company operating an array of business-to-business and business-to-consumer Websites for vertical markets such as the automotive and travel industries.
If you would like to read more about the sale, check out the article from TechCrunch.
Posted On: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 14:10 by Brandi Tuttle
Journal articles, professional associations, CME, conferences, and Grand Rounds…how do you manage to keep up in an ever changing profession? With only so much time, the Library wants to help you work smarter not harder! Check out our Current Awareness Guide which highlights resources such as:
- MyNCBI to get a journal’s table of contents or get the latest research on a topic sent to you when you choose.
- Browzine, available through Duke Libraries, to browse, read, and share journal articles.
Time Again for Summer Reading
Posted On: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 - 03:13 by Jamie Conklin
As you plan vacations and downtime this summer, don't forget to drop by our Library and other libraries in Durham and the surrounding areas for some reading materials. No matter what your reading interests are, you're covered!
For nonfiction health and science, stop by and browse our Engel Collection for titles like these:
- Eros and Illness
- Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond
- Extreme Measures: Finding a Better Path to the End of Life
Categories: Resource Updates