National Guideline Clearinghouse Shutting Down July 2018
Due to a loss of federal funding for this AHRQ resource, the National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) website will be permanently unavailable beginning July 16, 2018. As this repository of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines has been a valuable resource for Duke health professionals, we want to make sure you can still access the information you need to provide quality patient care.
Our Guidelines section on the Clinical Tools page links to general practice and specialty guidelines. Many other databases also provide access to guidelines including PubMed, CINAHL, DynaMed Plus, UpToDate, Trip, and ClinicalKey.
Select a database and conduct a search on the specific condition (e.g. asthma) of interest, then in:
- PubMed look under the Article Types section to the left of the results, click on the Customize link, select Practice Guideline, click Show, and then click on the Practice Guideline option that is now displaying under Article Types.
- CINAHL look to the left of the results, click on Show More under the Data Limit slider, find the Publication Type box and select Practice Guidelines, and then click Search.
- DynaMed Plus select a specific monograph on the topic (e.g. Asthma in adults and adolescents), scroll down in the Topic outline on the left, and click on the Guidelines and Resources section.
- UpToDate select a specific monograph on the topic (e.g. An overview of asthma management), scroll down in the Topic outline on the left, and click on the Society Guideline Links section.
- Trip look to the right of the results and select the Guidelines by evidence type.
- ClinicalKey look to the left of the results and select the Guidelines option.
Have a guideline resource you love? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!