EndNote for Macs Now Compatible with Office 2016
Posted by Beverly Murphy - Sunday, February 28, 2016
The long awaited patch from EndNote has been recently released, making it compatible with the latest version of Office (Word) 2016 for Macs. If you are using EndNote X7, you will need to download the EndNote X7.5 update.
- Make sure all Office programs and any background programs (such as virus protection software) are closed.
- Go to EndNote, choose Check for Updates from the "EndNote X7" menu, then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once this process is done, choose "Check for Updates" to see if there are any more updates to run.
- If the "About EndNote X7" window shows EndNote X7.5 (Bld 11052) or later, you have the latest version of EndNote installed.
- Open Word and select "About Word" from the menu. Verify that the latest version is 15.19.1. If you do not have this version, click on the Help menu and select Check for Updates. Follow the steps to update Word. If the Auto Update is not able to locate the latest version for some reason, you can update manually. For assistance, connect to Microsoft at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134241.
- Close Word, open EndNote, and Select "Customizer" from the EndNote menu.
- Check the box in front of the "Cite While You Write" option.
- Click next until the Customizer is finished. Open a library.
- Open Word 2016 and check the Ribbon for the EndNote tab. Please note: If you have an older version of EndNote (e.g., X5 or X6), you can download X7 from OIT. It is recommended that you backup your EndNote libraries and uninstall your older version of EndNote before installing EndNote X7.